Fourth of July Barbecue Ideas
Independence Day is upon us, and for most that means a backyard barbecue filled with family, friends and lots of great food. We have compiled a list of the best Fourth of July cookout recipes from around the web so that you can spend more time focusing on your guests and celebrating the birth of this great nation.
Everyone looks forward to hamburgers, hot dogs, and chicken on the Fourth of July, but basic burgers and chicken can be boring. These recipes take chicken, burgers and hot dogs to a whole new level:
- Grilled Mushroom Swiss Burger: Grilled Mushroom Swiss Burger Recipe (simplyrecipes.com). Using Worcestershire sauce to season the ground beef adds great flavor to a basic burger that is topped with Swiss cheese, onions and mushrooms.
- Spiralized Hot Dogs: Best Spiralized Hot Dogs Recipe – How to Make Spiralized Hot Dogs (delish.com). This recipe calls for creativity and well-honed knife skills to turn simple hot dogs into works of art.
- Honey Glazed Chicken with Mint: Honey-Glazed Chicken With Mint Recipe (simplyrecipes.com). Honey and mint provide sweet, light flavors to basic grilled chicken.
Provide the perfect complements to your main dishes with the following side dish recipes:
- Patriotic Potato Salad: Patriotic Potato Salad Recipe | Food Network Kitchen | Food Network. An update on traditional potato salad, this recipe lives up to its name by containing ingredients in red, white, and yes, even blue!
- Grilled Corn on the Cob: Best Grilled Corn on the Cob Recipe – How to Cook Corn on the Grill (delish.com). This recipe provides a simple way to easily grill your corn on the cob.
No celebration is complete without delicious desserts. The following recipes are tasty and provide a patriotic flare.
- Mini Cherry Pies: Mini Cherry Pies Recipe | Food Network Kitchen | Food Network. Individual sized pies are perfect for entertaining—no slicing a large pie required!
- Patriotic Shortcake: Red, White and Blue Strawberry Shortcake Recipe | Allrecipes. Make your shortcake a replica of an American flag by cleverly placing blueberries and strawberries for the stars and stripes.
Happy Independence Day!
With these recipes on hand, your Fourth of July gathering is bound to be a delicious success. From all of us at Superior Plus Propane, have a happy and safe Independence Day!
"*" indicates required fields